Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Introduction

My name is Julie and I'm a senior at Michigan State University. My major is elementary education and I have a focus in language arts. I am very interested in the material presented in TE448 for many reasons. I believe that all children should be exposed to diverse literature in the classroom. In order for this to be possible, diverse literature first needs to be presented to future teachers. Educating teachers leads to educating students. Presenting diverse literature brings about an awareness that many students may be lacking. Awareness leads to acceptance and knowledge of others. These are important things for students to gain in order to be a successful citizen in society. This class has a lot to offer all of us as future teachers and also as people who wish to be a positive influence on today's society. I hope to gain a new perspective from this course as the semester goes on.

No comments: